Friday, January 6, 2012

Favorite day of the year!!

So,its that time of the year yet again,its my birthday!!Yeayyyy!!!!
 Happy Birthday to Me.. ♬  
My second birthday away from family and with R.I turned twenty six!
I am a kind of a person who loves birthdays and the surprises and everything associated with it.Birthdays are  always special,its your day,Well,today is mine :O

When I was a kid, birthdays were  that one day when you could go to school in your birthday dress, distribute chocolates among your friends,and feel special the whole day. Daddy and Maa would get me a chocolate cake(since I am sucha sucker for chocolates) and I used to blow out the candles and make a wish. Those were the days!

Then,Facebook came into existence!People ranging from best friends,cousins and random acquaintances wish you since the reminder comes up on their wall :P
I have no complaints, as long I feel special the whole day.I can be a kid sometimes & I don't see a reason not to.When I was back in India,as soon  as the clock strikes 12,there would be rush of calls and texts on my phone from friends wishing me on my birthday. Who doesn't love all that attention!!

R,who is such a darling who knows this birthday crazy side of me,always manages to surprise me in some or the other way.He knows my affinity towards lots of small gifts.The sheer thrill of ripping open the gift wrappers to see what is hidden inside.

However,I was not much in the birthday spirit this year.Maybe its because,I am not getting any younger!! Lol!!He made sure that I get the impression that he was busy and couldn't get anything for me.

How would I know,that he would come back from work,bearing small small gifts which would totally drive me crazy enough to start running around the house in joy and with tears streaming down my cheeks.Yea I am an emotional drama queen.We all are quite aware of that! :||

My friends would know that I am an earring fanatic.I am an owner of around 100-200 earrings.All of which ,I foolishly left  back in India.So,R straightaway hitting the bulls eye got me this one.Sterling silver with rubies and diamonds.Isn't he a darling?(P.S You can consider this post as one of my brag post!) Hehehe


I am a sucker for silver,so a sterling silver bracelet. :$

I loved this one the most,yet another sterling silver starfish bracelet. Can you see me beaming out here?



Which woman doesn't love to get chocolates and flowers from the man they love,huh?
Did anybody notice that pup with the soulful eyes?I could melt each time I lay eyes on that cute little thing.It seems R wanted to get me a penguin since,I quote "you are my penguin" Hehehe.However he couldn't find one it seems.

Me and R are planning to go shopping now and probably have a candle lit dinner.This is yet again a great day and I am ever so lucky to have R by my side.I guess I know R would be my best birthday gift ever! The love of my life!

I am indeed blessed to have a man who loves me for the crazy,quirky person that I am.He doesn't recite love sonnets to me nor does he act all romantic like the ones you see in the chick flicks.The midnight tea that he makes for me and him,rubbing my back when I cough like crazy,cracking some joke when I am pissed off,the incessant pulling my leg is more than I can ask for.I love you R.Thankyou for making this day special for me.

Photos:R

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D