Sunday, August 12, 2012

My recent book haul



So,its that time of the year, where I go completely berserk and order books like there is no tomorrow! This time,it was a combination of recommendations from friends,the hyped ones,and the ones my gut said "Go for it!!" Now,only time will tell whether I would love them all or not.



  1. The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth-Highly recommended by a friend,I.Made in to a movie like...a long time ago.
  2. Mythology:Timeless Tales of Gods & Heroes by Edith Hamilton-I'm a sucker for mythology.This book deals mainly with Roman and Greek mythical tales.
  3. Rules of Prey by John Sandford-Read pretty good reviews about it in Goodreads and Amazon.
  4. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran-Saw this book at Barnes & Noble and instantly fell in love with it.Yeas Yeas,never judge the book by the cover.Bad habit,I know.Me like book cover to impress me :||
  5. One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni-By now anybody who bothered reading my blog would know that I love CBD's writing style.
  6. The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman-Mythology,Magic,Archaeology and Strong Women. :O
  7. The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht-Young author,Debut book.Read mixed reviews.Thought I will give it a try.
  8. Bossypants by Tina Fey-Now,anybody who has watched Saturday Night Live or 30 Rock would know how unbelievably hilarious and talented Tina Fey is.The critics have been raving about it ever since it hit the stores.
  9. Ladies Coupe by Anita Nair-Recommended by another friend PL.
  10. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte-Classic.Highly recommended by a friend,A and fellow blogger Sunaina.
  11. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts- I have lost count of the praises this book has received.High time,I join the club of people who have read this book.
  12. 13,14. Hunger games Trilogy (Hunger Games,Catching Fire & Mockinjay) by Suzanne Collins-Yeas the hype. :|




Therefore,more reviews in the future. :)
PhotosCourtesy: R


2 comments:

  1. Hey, did you read Bossypants yet? I have a copy, I read half of it in a go, it's a light read and I'm trying to find time (and will power) to get back to it and finish. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet sweetie. So many books so little time :(
    Plight of all book lovers!!

    ReplyDelete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D