Saturday, October 20, 2012

Book Excerpt Review - The Stopover

Title: The Stopover.
Author: Deepa Pinto & Ram Prakash.
Publisher: Krab Media.
Format: E-book
Pages: 208.
Genre: Photo Fiction, Short Stories.
Blurb: Here.

The co author of the book, Deepa Pinto had sent me a segment of the book in exchange for a honest opinion.
My Thoughts:
When I first received a part of this book,I flipped through the pages and found myself  mesmerized by the sheer beauty of the photographs. I thought in mind,"this ought to be good". One of the best features of this book is that the readers would be able to enjoy the short stories along the sumptuous photographs which accompany each story. The Stopover comes under the genre- Photo fiction. Fiction interwoven with  rich vibrant colorful photographs. 4 stories, 4 different locations and breathtaking photographs! Each story has photographs from the place the story is taking place. Its quite different form a illustrated fiction since the pictures are actually photographed. Since I couldn't get a hold of the book, I am unable to review the book as a whole. That said, The segment I received-  'The Tibetan Wheel of Wisdom'  is about a young  successful professional Varun, recently jilted by his wife takes a solo trip to Lea. 
 I found the writing crisp, simple and descriptive. The exquisite photographs further enhanced the  fiction as a whole. As I continued reading, thanks to the pictures it felt like as I though I was witnessing the story play out with my own eyes!
All in all a light read and a visual treat!
 My rating:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D