Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Grey's Anatomy saga

NO this is not some random crazy praise or clobbering down post about 50 shades of Grey. 

Geez people.. get it together. The moment you hear grey..its all about Christian Grey. Now, Ian Somerhalder or Alexander Skarsgard is a totally different story though. 8) :d

 Few days back one of  my bestie S, asked me why I have not posted a 'non book-review' post. That got me thinking..it's true I haven't written anything cuckoo in quite some time. Most of the stuff I think about is relayed in live streaming to R's ears. The sad part of this, is the fact that I have nothing, naught, nada, zilch to write about and the second being, R has to bear with my shenanigans!
Oh oh oh did anybody see the season premier of Grey's Anatomy? Did you? Did you? Oh good lord, Shonda Rhimes sure knows to how to create a tear jerker/cliffhanger of a show. Grey's Anatomy is by far one of the best shows I have witnessed.


I was never a TV person back home, since I was from quite the dysfunctional family, watching television was almost to the verge of prohibition :| So television happened when I came here. R being the sweetheart that he is, would never bug me when I am huddled in front of the idiot box. Never pulls my leg when I tear up to emotional scenes(which is a common scene here since I come under the melodramatic drama queen category), rather he would bring me a box of tissues :D
I am a sucker for medical shows..wait that is not entirely accurate. Anything related to dead bodies, autopsy, bones, murder, scrubs, detectives/police, eccentric protagonists are undoubtedly my favorite shows. Morbid much? I am,without reservation a twisted person :|| Why do you think I enjoy 'Bones', 'House M.D','The Mentalist', 'Scrubs', 'Lie to me' etc. Grey's anatomy  is a cocktail of drama, medicine, doctors, unquestionably splendid soundtracks, oohh so good looking people, relationships,complications and what not. I remember the day when I was bored out of my wits and decided to give Grey's Anatomy a chance in Netflix. Boy, I was in for a ride!!


The show basically revolves revolved around the protagonist Meredith Grey who joins Seattle Grace Hospital for a residency program.Thus the journey of her and her colleagues, who later turn out to be so much more than that, juggling their professional lives,personal life. 8 seasons of medical mysteries,friendships, boy problems, tragedies, deaths, heartbreaks has made me an ardent fan!

There is almost nothing that I don't  like about this show. The characters are all professional and top notch.Psst..have you seen the cast..?Phew!! Another factor which I unambiguously love, is the monologue during the show.The script is impeccable and a bulls eye to the hearts of the viewers. I have watched episodes in a tissue strewn room. Yes,I have a weak heart. :||
The 8th season finale was quite a shocker,Shonda Rhimes the creator of the show killed off one of my favorite characters and I was bawling my eyes out leaving the man I married quite confused and most probably having second thoughts about us :/

I have been waiting with bated breath for the 9th season to start. Why you ask? Really? Get the Dvds first thing tomorrow! :|
Some of the characters you so love,hate and sometimes both at the same time are met with a plane crash and is trapped somewhere and nobody else knows about it till now!!!!!! God.. and they killed Lexie Grey(step sister of Meredith Grey) :c How much more are you going to play with our hearts,oh Ms Rhimes?!! This time.. I was ready for the season premiere.. box of tissues, bowl of ice-cream and blanket ready for the show. I knew I was going to be whimpering soon. Sure enough, they killed off Mark Sloan aka Mcdreamy(soulmate of Lexie Grey) the indisputably God like good-looking man I have ever seen. I was waiting for 4 months to know what happened to the doctors and what does the creator decide to do? Keep the viewers hanging by the thread. They show nothing of what happened soon after the crash.They show a life of these doctors a month from the crash, how they are coping with their daily life. The ending of the episode was almost painful to watch.They amputated Arizona's leg!!! How could they?! She was a sucha sunshiney girl who loved her job and her wife Callie. Me wailing and mourning would be an understatement.
True story!

For those of you who has no clue about what I am blabbering about..like I said hit the stores first. I apologize if I got a little too carried away. I tend to do that on a regular basis. :| Now you know, what R has to go through day in and day out. :D
I cannot wait for tomorrow's episode.
Pick me,Choose me,Love me.. Sigh!!!!


17 comments:

  1. hahaha... sounds like an interesting show, loved the way you described it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @manaNmind - Thankyou :)
      The show sure is one of a kind!

      Delete
  2. great show ! very addictive ... but after 5th season I was done ! I realized that my residency can't ever get that power packed as theirs... and I can't ever find someone as charming as Mark Sloan in a hospital... lol ! nd did they really kill Mark Sloan :( even I'm feeling the need of some tissues here... *sob*
    btw nice post... took me back to those GA addiction days and one more thing ur R seems to be a real patient one .... keep writing I like ur posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @autumn leaf-Thankyou gir :) Oh why why did you stop watching? without doubt one of the most addictive shows ever! and sadly yes they killed off Mark Sloan in season 9

      P.S - R sure is quite patient with me :D thank the heavens for that!!

      Delete
  3. I discovered Grey's anatomy only a few months back and I LOVE THE SHOW! I'm starting season 5 soon. Th fact that I've 4 more seasons to go makes me dance around in joy. :D

    Grey's anatomy FTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @TS - Join the club girlie! And congratulations on finding a gem of a show :D
      4 more seasons yayy!!
      I have wait patiently for every Thursday to know what will happen! :|

      Delete
  4. while I love Greys Anatomy, my personal fav in medical shows was always Scrubs... they had an amazingly balanced mix of comedy and insight... they'd balance 2-3 different character arcs every episode and yet, at the end of 30 mins would find a way to link it to a common 'valuable lesson' :)
    http://www.godyears.net/2009/04/reliving-lifes-lessons-easy-way.html

    my first time here.. nice blog.. lots of fun stuff to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I had withdrawal symptoms when the show got over :p

      Delete
  5. ohhh i todally todally see where you are coming from..can you beat this. i ask the husband to watch over the baby so i can have 1 hour of Sheperd and Burke completely to myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Seriosuly?!
      Enjoyy grey's anatomy to its full glory!

      Delete
  6. Same pinch, same pinch, same pinch!! I love 'Bones', 'Scrubs' and 'Grey's Anatomy' too - each one is a great show in its own way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its always a pleasure to find people with the same tastes :D

      Delete
  7. I love Greys Anatomy too. I Love the friendship and heartaches and everyday life issues that are portrayed from inside SGH. I Love how every episode is a lesson learnt

    +Not Just My Allegories+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knoww riaaght!! I can never get enough of the show.
      btw we both share the same name :)

      Delete
  8. "Anything related to dead bodies, autopsy, bones, murder, scrubs, detectives/police, eccentric protagonists are undoubtedly my favorite shows."- when I read this, I was nodding my head so hard!! Me too!!! I love such shows- Castle, Body of Proof, Lie to Me, Bones, The Mentalist, Unforgettable and god knows what else!!

    And Grey's Anatomy is the ultimate thing!!! I love the show!! They're currently airing S6 here although I've read the story-line till S8. I almost cried when George died and then when I read that Lexie died too :'( But I'm looking forward to it... just can't get enough of the show!!

    P.S. Ian Somerhalder?! *Drool* ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Ruya - I totally understand sista!
      Enjoy the show :)

      Delete
  9. Isn't Mark McSteamy?(new GA addict enquiry)
    Love the series. Can't believe most of the original cast is gonna leave in the coming seasons :O

    ReplyDelete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D