Thursday, November 22, 2012

Still thankful...

This is my third Thanksgiving here and I have not yet reached the 'roast/bake turkey for Thanksgiving' stage. Lord knows, how the events will play out on that fateful day. Anyhoo it's a beautiful day today. Cool, sunny, a little breezy not windy and green. Looks like the maintenance people from our apartment complex did a wonderful job raking off the fallen leaves!



So I'm just going to go ahead and say/give thanks.


I am thankful for...

... the picturesque day today.
... the most understanding, funny, loving man in my life, R. If it was not for him..I would have broken down in        various testing times in my life.
... Autumn.
... the existence of Vonage and Skype. How else would I be able to talk to my dad and mom for hours everyday!
... good music. It has almost always managed to brighten a bland day stuck in kitchen.
...the wonderful books I have stacked on my bookshelf, some of them untouched. Waiting patiently for me to pick them.
... Kindle. I'm in love with that device.
... the long pointless conversations I have with S via Gmail/Facebook. Conversations ranging from men to recipes. Clothes to feelings. Knives to life altering decisions. We both deserve awards for tolerating each other!
... the food blogs. Without which I wouldn't exist.. well nor would R :|
... losing around 10 pounds even after hogging away. :O
... Netflix & Amazon. One which gives me free access to almost every TV show/movie and the other to which I turn to when I need to research on something. Be it a book or .. its mostly books!
... Blogosphere, the wonderful blogs and the oh so creative, thoughtful people here. Its like a wonderland here.
... the distance between my homeland and my home. Don't get me wrong. I do miss my place. However, distance makes it sweeter. You don't take things for granted. That's one thing which I don't want to do.
... making me strong enough  to realize, for some people- its tough love. We need to fight for what we want most. Sometimes you don't get it  wrapped with a ribbon on it. I just flicked Rihanna's lyrics and I am too passive to change it. :||
... the opportunities and failures.
... the good life.


P.S - This is my 100th post. Yeayy!!! :e




11 comments:

  1. Yeah being thankful for all those small things which make life a little more worth living...happy thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeas it sure does! Thankyou girl and wish you the same!

      Delete
  2. Yay for 100th post! Happy Thanksgiving! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaay!! Hope you had a peaceful Thanksgiving too :)

      Delete
  3. Happy thanksgiving dear Ani. You would reach the delicious turkey filling stage soon ;) Congrats on writing the 100th post friend. Take care! HAve lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. me Smiling away ;):
    "We need to fight for what we want most. Sometimes you don't get it wrapped with a ribbon on it. I just flicked Rihanna's lyrics and I am too passive to change it.
    ... the opportunities and failures.
    ... the good life."

    ReplyDelete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D