Tuesday, March 5, 2013

And here I was, thinking it's all over..

Spring is round the corner? Bullsh*t ! I have been stuffing up my wardrobe with chiffon blouses for spring and apparently winter is just not done yet. Don't get me wrong, I heart winters. The jackets, boots, the layers the whole shenanigan, but let's be honest here, it tends to get boring. I love spring too, especially Chicago in spring is heaven. Clear blue skies, lush green grass, multicolored tulips and daylight till around 9pm! What's not to love. Yes, the hay fever sucks. As a matter of fact, I love all the seasons in Chicago..um maybe not the sweltery summer. It's one of those places where all the 4 seasons are distinctive.
Anyhow, yesterday I switch on the television and what do I hear, we have yet another snow storm warning. Whaaatt? The day light saving is on March 10th and there is not yet, any sign of the temperatures bubbling up. Schools are all closed down. Well, that meant serious business.
The snow started off as tiny flakes, melting down just as they touch the ground. Slowly but steadily it sure did is accumulating. 

 A lone Canadian goose struts around in the cold cold snow!


That's our car & me among the snow flakes. Note that the car still looks like a car!

This was taken a few hours later!



One of the best things I love about snow is that, it fills up every nook and corner and everything stands out. The snow & the cloudy sky accentuates the snow laden branches creating a wonderful contrast!






Now the roads are a slushy mess, all vehicles are under a heap load of snow, its cloudy, its windy, the temperatures below zero degree Celsius & it's still snowing. No, I'm not complaining.


Photos: R 

TheBetterHalf & me skyped with our folks back home, ate a scrumptious breakfast, fried salmon and had a late lunch and basically was fooling around. Right now -a mug of hot chocolate and my couch. Bliss!



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pictures :)
    last weekend it was somewhat similar in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures Anisha - I have never experienced snowfall in my life - its a dream I am sure will come true in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a touch of classic clicks!GOD<3U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pics...never seen snow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. and here in Delhi we are already sweating, buying new shades and going around in sleeveless.Great clicks..as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anisha,

    Great Pictures..Wait a few more weeks. Spring is just around the corner


    http://lovelybusybee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful photographs! Hailing from the mountains of Kashmir, I'm not new to such weather. Snow is always a delight but I guess I'm more of a Summer's child. Your couch and hot chocolate is making me a little jealous though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, You have just been awarded the "Creative Blogger Award"
    Congratulations! :)

    Follow this link for more details. http://my-summer-eyes.blogspot.in/2013/03/and-with-this-i-have-finally-arrived-on.html

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Global warming doesn't work.

    How about following each other? Let me know on my blog!

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou everybody for the wonderful comments.
    Thankyou Tanya for the award :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Beautiful pictures! I always wanted/ want to be at a place where I can feel and witness the seasons changing! Lucky you!!
    And aw, spring's here though :P Hope you feel it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so beautiful pictures! Funny, here where I live, I couldn´t even enjoy winter because it has been so freaking hot all this months!! We had like.. 2 days of winter xD and I had stocked my wardrobe with a new winter coat and boots and I won´t get to use them until next year! haha the weather is just crazy :D

    ReplyDelete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D