Monday, April 1, 2013

Movie Picks - March

The movies watched in the month of March.

1. Barfi

Movie: Barfi. (2012)
Genre: Comedy, Romance.
Starring: Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra, Ileana D'Cruz.
Suggested by: Me
The sunshine: The music. Ranbir Kapoor. He did a great job, loved him in it. The beautiful Ileana. The comedy strips.
The downpour: Everybody loved the movie. I felt it was just an okay movie. The plot was mediocre, so many scenes were lifted from other movies. Did not like Priyanka Chopra in it. She could have done so  much better. The Charlie Chaplin bits were done a little too often. :|




2. Case 39


Movie: Case 39. (2009)
Genre: Horror
Starring: Renée Zellweger, Jodelle Ferland, Bradley Cooper, Ian McShane.
Suggested by: We were bored. This movie keeps popping up on Netflix.
The sunshine: Timepass horror. Like Joey from F.R.I.E.N.D.S says creepy kids are scary. The kid did a commendable job. Don't believe the posters :|
The downpour: Surprisingly, I enjoyed this movie.




Movie: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. (2011)
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Starring: Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Dev Patel, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson, Penelope Wilton, Celia Imrie, Ronald Pickup.
Suggested by: TheBetterHalf.
The sunshine: Based on a book. The movie turned out so much better than I had expected. Absolutely loved Dev Patel in it. The movie brought laughter, heartache and tears. All the characters did a top notch job.
The downpour: The movie got over.



4. Hall Pass

Movie: Hall Pass. (2011)
Genre: Comedy
Starring: Owen Wilson, Jason Sudeikis, Jenna Fischer, Christina Applegate.
Suggested by: TheBetterHalf
The sunshine: This movie was hilarious, walking a thin  line between offensive and humorous.  I have a huge soft spot for Owen Wilson and after a considerable number of episodes of Saturday Night Live, I have grown quite fond of Mr Sudeikis. He has both looks and the sense of humor. 
The downpour: Um, this movie more of a one time thing, just like the story line.



5. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Movie: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. (2013)
Genre: Comedy.
Starring: Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, Steve Buscemi, Olivia Wilde.
Suggested by: Me.
The sunshine: I have always been a fan of Jim Carrey, the guy still has it in him. I should say he looked pretty hot. This movie was yet another light comedy. Some of the scenes were so embarrassing to watch. I could feel my skin curl and Steve Carell is one of those actors who can act out those roles with such candor. He is one gifted actor. Almost every other line was laugh out loud funny. Olivia Wilde looked ravishing. Trivia: She is engaged to Jason Sudeikis. 
The downpour: I enjoyed the movie. So no downpour.


6. Happythankyoumoreplease


Movie:  Happythankyoumoreplease. (2010)
Genre: Indie, Romance, Comedy, Drama.
Starring: Josh Radnor, Malin Akerman, Kate Mara, Zoe Kazan, Pablo Schreiber, Tony Hale, Michael Algieri.
Suggested by: Google.
The sunshine: What a gem of a movie. I was watching HIMYM and I was wondering how come I haven't seen the main guy, Ted (Josh Radnor) in any other shows/ movies. So Google informed me that the screenplay of this movie, was written by him. Not only did he write, he directed and acted. I am impressed. The characters all very realistic, endearing. I couldn't pick a favorite. Malin as the optimistic cancer survivor, Kate Mara as the bohemian kinda singer. Josh Radnor as the struggling writer, Zoe Kazan, Pablo Schreiber as the oh-so-cute couple and then there is the kid. I cried, I laughed.
The downpour: Zilch, Nada. A beautiful movie.


7. Date Night


Movie: Date Night. (2010)
Genre: Comedy.
Starring: Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, Mila Kunis, James Franco,
Suggested by: TheBetterHalf
The sunshine: A fun movie. Not all that great. Steve Carell and Tina Fey- 2 really really funny people. Mark Wahlberg was naice for obvious reasons ;)
The downpour: Forgettable plot.


That's all for today. See you all next month.

Check out the others:

Movie Picks - January
Movie Picks - February



12 comments:

  1. this time it was a longer list i guess.. /good for us/ Would definately like to pick one. :) n these are light movies i would like to watch against all those guns and fight movies :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do watch. :)
      All these movies were fun to watch.

      Delete
  2. I liked Barfi, Happy Thank You More Please and Barfi...
    I liked Priyanka in Barfi and Did Not like Dev Patel in Marigold :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ofcourse you liked Barfi enough to write it twice :p
      You are the biggest Bollywood fan I know ;)

      Delete
  3. Overall, you seem to have a good time with the movies!! I hadn't even heard of the Jim Carrey movie - I'm a fan too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, actually :)
      The Jim Carrey movie just released few weeks back.

      Delete
  4. I think Barfi is a bit over-rated ... true the performances were awesome, specially Ranbir and Ileana, but where was the story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Thank God, somebody feels the same way.

      Delete
  5. Haha, i would agree with Greeny :) I liked case 39 the most among all those mentioned above. :) Thanks ! Lovely post :D Take care Anisha !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Case 39, my pick, considering I have a bone for horror.
    There's date night the cute one too.
    Can I ask of you for a BIIIGGG favour??
    'Teach me how to download stuff too' Please? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh honey, I don't download :|
      I just watch them online.
      Try Google. They have all the answers, don't they ;)

      Delete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D