Sunday, November 10, 2013

Few good things

Almost 2 decades has passed since the first book in the series was published and instantly considered a huge success. I was never interested in the mania widely known as Pottermania. Don't gasp. I know, I'm part of the minority who haven't read Harry Potter.. yet. People told me it was a series not to be missed. They said its the best thing ever! I said Okay and never bothered. Trust me when I say I have no beef against J K Rowling or Harry Potter. Just that, I thought I was too old to read them.


Recently, something in me changed. I got curious. I wanted to know why the whole world, both kids and adults go totally gaga over J.K.Rowling and the boy who lived. There must be a reason, right? So I caved and impulsively bought all the seven books. I obsessively wanted second hand books for 2 reasons. One obviously for the monetary reasons and the other, I dunno.. just wanted to feel the book which was held and read by some awed fan! Hoping to share the same wonder whilst turning the same pages turned by someone before me.


168 pages in, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone has had me hooked. It's like I'm a child again. I don't regret not reading them till now. I guess, everything happens when it has to happen. For me, reading Harry Potter as an adult was the way it was meant to be.


In other news, today is the second birthday of Absolutely Not Sure! It's a happy day for me.
  
Also, I just noticed this is my 200th post. A  pretty cool coincidence, I must say. :) A huge Thankyou to all my readers and your lovely comments! I remember how excited I was for the First Blogoversery. This year, I have the quiet contentment.  :)

I love this corner of mine. It's all mine, where I can be myself today, wear a mask and be somebody else tomorrow. Here, I am BOTH vulnerable and invincible!



18 comments:

  1. YAY WELCOME TO THE HP CLUB <3
    And happy 2nd blog birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Blogversary and Harry Potter love discovery - you lucky girl :)

    This little corner of yours makes for an amazing read for people in their own little corners, in a faraway place - keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited about Harry Potter. I'm sure you all already felt that tingling feeling reading HP for the first time. It's my turn now :)
      Thankyou for you sweet words!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! On your blogversary, your 200th post and your entry into the grand world of Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the blogversary and the 200th post :)
    I lurve harry potter more so because we share birthdays :) :) (which I make a point of telling anyone and everyone ;) )
    Have read all the books 3 times :) Would not mind reading it for the fourth :) There will always be something I missed the last time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou girl :)
      Is there any book you haven't read yet :p
      It's pretty cool that you and HP share the same birthday and I think you should flaunt that fact ;)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read HP too. Yet. I have all the seven books diligently bought whenever they were released, never turned a page yet. Maybe my time has yet to come :)

    Happy birthday to the blog, eat a slice of cake for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a rare handful. I just finished the first book and I kinda know now why HP is so popular!

      Thankyou Soumya for your wishes :)

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Absolutely Sure.....Hey I am too yet to read Potter though I only own the first book. I will read it too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Shalet :)
      Better late than never, right

      Delete
  7. Even I haven't read Harry Potter. Never felt the need to read after watching the series. :P
    But girl, after reading your post, I'm actually feeling the urge to find out what the fuss is all about.

    Wow..two years and 200th post already!! =O Congratulations
    Happy Blog Anniversary. =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I haven't seen the movies. So I kinda don't know what's going to happen :D


      Thankyou Mirage. :)

      Delete
  8. I am so so so happy that you're reading Harry Potter!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anisha, I haven't finished reading Harry potter. Started the series 3 months back and I'm completely hooked on to the series. My husband Loves Harry potter and he was the one who insisted me to just give the series a shot. I'm currently reading the 4th book Goblet of fire.
    You have an amazing blog!! Although I stumbled across your blog so late(better late than never), I'll be stopping by for every other post by you.
    -Ini @ Ini's Ravishing Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your awesome comment :D
      I still miss Harry Potter. I shoudn't have read them so fast.
      Anyway you enjoy the ride ^.^

      Delete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D