Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Birthday Post

This post was delayed because of my sheer laziness. Nothing else. No excuse.
The birthday was quiet and pretty nice actually. It was so cold that we couldn't go out, so we ordered in. Hallelujah Deep Dish Pizza!
My Facebook wall was not spammed by Birthday wishes from people with whom I don't even talk to, the rest of the year. I had deactivated the Birthday reminder.
I always thought birthdays were a big deal. I still think it is, except there is a slight change in perspective. It felt  like a bulb was switched ON in my head. The big deal about my birthday is that my mother gave birth to me. It was my Mom who accomplished the huge task that day. What did I do? I just got born. Big whoop! :| She is the one who needs the party, innit? Nevertheless, I am the one who gets the birthday wishes and gifts.
Anyway I'm thankful I have her in my life and also the guy she chose for me. The guy, whom my mom was convinced was the missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle of my life.
This guy gets me a boxed set of  A Song of Ice and Fire! Oh Lord have Mercy! I have been having serious withdrawal symptoms after finishing the HP series. Now he gets me this. It seems he loves the way I look all composed and serious while reading. Isn't he sweet! I am not going to read them now. Then I will have to wait for God knows how long for Book 6. Maybe later this year. I have so many books stacked. It's becoming a slight problem.
Then he brings out a Manchester United Jersey for me. Apparently he has officially baptized me as a Manchester United Fan. Staying committed to the team even when they have playing really shitty for the past coupla matches. Denying myself of sleeping in late on weekends and waking up extra early to watch the matches made me a "true fan" in his eyes. The guy can exaggerate when it comes to Football.
They did win today. Aah sweet revenge. I almost cried.
Hope they play well in the upcoming matches.

Can you see the customary wedding pose photo in the corner ? :D

Me, my boxed set, my Man Ut Jersey & my almost full library
So that made my birthday pretty darn great :D

18 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday!

    Congratulations on receiving such awesome gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boxed gift set of books?? Best birthday gift, ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNEW IT! I knew it was A Song of Ice and Fire boxed set right when I saw the image thumbnail beside the post preview on my dashboard, even though it was so tiny that I couldn't read the title names! :)

    Btw, putting off reading it is a very, very wise decision. I finished Dance with Dragons a few weeks ago, and let's just say... I'm falling to pieces. One of my favourite characters is in a cliffhanger-y mortal-peril situation - okay, he was stabbed - and I don't know how long to wait before I find out whether he's alive! It's torture!

    Authors. They live off the pain and blood and tears of their readers, I tell you.

    Oh, stupid me. Belated Happy Birthday! So glad you had an awesome one. Oh god, I'd die a thousand deaths to find someone who fosters your love of reading as your better half does. Who wants flowers and jewellery when there are books? ;)

    P.S. Sorry I missed your previous post and couldn't wish you on time... had preparatory exams for +2 board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I think you are the youngest alive to have read A Song of Ice and Fire. Exactly my thought about the authors making us wait.
      Thankyou for wishing me tiny girl :) Yea I'm lucky that the guy indulges me with books. Don't worry. You are still young :P
      Plus 2 exams: gosh that was a decade back! All the very best of luck to you for your exams.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday you awesome lady .. :)

    WOW.. !! I am shamelessly jealous of you right now. I read the e-books and I have finished all the 5. I want to read the actual books again so when the 6th book comes out I will be done with the first 5 and read the 6th on time :) :) I kept giving subtle hints to all of my friends about needing it as a gift for my birthday either they are dumb as a brick or I am just plain bad at hinting things. I never got it.. :(

    Get ready to get addicted again when you start this series. It is superb.. :) Keep a box of tissue ready(if you are the type who cries on your fav character's death) or keep a comfy chair so that you can throw the book on it when you see the injustice the author does to the characters..

    He writes like one book in 3 years.. :( I so hate him for that but I love him for writing the series.. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou dear girl.
      I don't know whether you remember, it was YOU who recommended the series to me. Yeas I do cry when bad, good or for that matter anything remotely emotional happens. Emotional strength of an amoeba :/ Thanks for the tip. I soo want to read them already. But I will/ might wait.
      * Ommm *

      Delete
    2. It is called Harry Potter for adults.. :) Hope you like it as much as I did.. :) :)

      Delete
    3. I hope so too. Speaking of Harry Potter for adults.. Have you read "The Magicians" series. I haven't. They say its the adult version of HP

      Delete
  5. My GOD!! I am green with envy now!!
    But belated happy birthday you pretty pretty woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe.. Aww you make me feel so good by saying that :D I am almost smug :P
      Thankyou so much for the wishes.

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday. I have the customary wedding pose photo too :P

    Lucky you, look at the gifts! And I so love the antique bookshelf :)

    From where did you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Soumya :)
      You do, huh? The poses the bride and groom are made to do, right !
      I love the shelf too :) It was bought from a local furniture shop nearby.

      Delete
  7. Ohmigosh! There could be no better birthday present that mixes football and books! So excited for you - take my word, you will be blown away by GRR Martin and then curse him for taking a decade to write each book!

    Belated birthday happiness, Anisha - you're a lucky one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou P :)
      Exactly what everybody had been telling me about GRR Martin.

      Delete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday Anisha... I had left a comment as soon you published the post :-/

    Awesome gift :) And LP and I have a similar photo posing on our wedding day too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, EM. You did? I never got any! :o
      Looks like we married lot have some stuff in common ;)

      Delete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D