Saturday, February 1, 2014

"I was saving my ten."




The whole world has read this book and I just joined in last night. When I was done with the book, I honestly didn't know what to do. I just sat there hugging my Kindle, wallowing in my heartache. There was no one to understand my pain. Absolutely no frikkin one to actually get it. It was not supposed to be this way. Oh! who am I kidding. I knew the book is going to be a tearjerker but I was just not emotionally ready for this.

Good Lord! I don't remember crying this hard while reading a book. I am absolutely, undoubtedly, unabashedly heartbroken. I had tears streaming out, whimpering in my agony over fictional characters and I'm no where next to exaggerating. Oh the emotions, how well does Mr Green portray them. This story ripped my heart out vein by vein.  Yes this book is about cancer, but it does not become the integral part. It's just this factor looming in the background with so many other wonderful things happening.
I felt excitement, happiness, dread, hopeless hope and eventually a bitter sweet feeling of pure unadulterated heartache. I don't think I am emotionally equipped to review this book. John Green, you are responsible for breaking a million people's hearts. My heart is still aching and I cannot stop thinking about Augustus and Hazel. I should have known. I mean, I knew what I was getting into. The words. Lord have mercy. They are pure pure gold.

“He responded a few minutes later.

Okay.

I wrote back.

Okay.

He responded:

Oh, my God, stop flirting with me!”


 photo crying_zps7ced0e1d.gif
Whhhyyyyy?

P.S: The movie is coming out in June!
I don't know whether I will survive the movie, since I bawled my eyes out watching the trailer.


22 comments:

  1. YES YES YES somebody other than my best friend freaking understands the pain! I sobbed and wailed and just stared into empty space when the book ended. The story was one of the most powerful ones I've ever read, the characters just waltzed their way into my heart, the words were magic. Just... God, how do I even begin to explain the heart-rending beauty of a YA novel that is TFiOS?

    And yes, I bawled my way through the trailer. Especially the swing-set scene "You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you" and the part where her dad carries her to the hospital and ohmygod, Amsterdam!

    My lungs are sucking at being lungs right now. And my tear-ducts are working over time.

    By the way, welcome to the pain of reading the book. We'll cry on each other's shoulders (virtually) when we watch the movie *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Zainab, I agree to everything you wrote!
      Yes we have each others shoulders. Sigh!

      Delete
  2. Oh and also, thank you for posting the review on my birthday. Some tears were definitely lacking :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone recommended this book to me, and after a few days I realized the whole world was reading it! Now seeing this, I should equip myself for heartbreak before starting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do read and yea try to steel yourself!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh!!! I feel like I'm the only one on the earth to not sob while reading this book. This makes me sound like an apathetic person, but I promise I'n not like that.. Not a great fan of cancer books but The fault in our stars was a good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cancer books can be depressing, Ini.
      I am weak person. I don't need much to end up drowning in my tears :/

      Delete
  5. I haven't read it yet - it's been on my wish list for quite a while. But your review has decided it for me. I'm getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally get you love. We are all together in this mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you guys are there in this mess.

      Delete
  7. DUDEE!!!! You read it!!!! :') I can totally understand! John Green breaks hearts!
    I loved the book just because of it being so blunt, clear cut and no-nonsense kind. I mean, there's emotion, a lot of it, and the best thing is, it's all the kind that can totally be real. Like, you wouldn't even know you're reading a fictional story! Have you read Looking for Alaska too?

    to you. Float in the beautiful pain while you're at it. Hoping the movie is awesome too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOWWW!! He breaks hearts into a gazillion pieces. Looking for Alaska is in TBR list. How can one not read Green's other works now?!
      I don't think I will watch the movie in the theater. I will embarrass anyone sitting next to me with my shameless sobbing!

      Delete
  8. It should be made illegal to write so effectively, John Green doesn't know what he's putting us through. And I'm still too overwhelmed to write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and yes, the frustration of having no one to understand made me go 'why, God, why' -__-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear Hear! exactly what I thought. why, lord, why?!

      Delete
  10. Haven't read it yet. Order in progress :)

    It takes a lot to make me cry, lets see if this book can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do read. Tears or not, its worth the time.

      Delete
  11. I feel so left out.. Will read this next.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anisha thanks a ton for writing this post or else I would have missed this gem of a thing big time ! I've just finish reading this one right now, started it today morning and I'm wondering how to make up my 'cry' face better for a saturday evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D