Friday, June 6, 2014

Pleasantries


All these hellos, the goodbyes.
The please's, the thankyou's.
The polite smiles, the nods.
Most of them, most of the time
don't care.
Yet, they do it anyway.
Far from the feral age.
Civilization, they call it.
Sometimes darling,
it drives
the sanity right out of me.
The heart yearns divine solitude.



P.S - I have been a lousy blogger, I know. I have missed writing and reading the other blogs. The hiatus was not planned. You know how life is this sneaky person throwing curveballs at us all the time. So every now and then it turns out to be a really good thing? I know I am being cryptic and doing a bad job at it.What I am trying to say is, I think I am going to be more active henceforth. I have loads to talk so keep your ears to the ground! :)
-Anisha




18 comments:

  1. Talk talk talk. I am here to listen. :) And I love this little poem. Start writing more. You write really well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Few words said so much more. Really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are a happy bunny .. so I thought I'll send this little comment to make the smile wider :)

    By the way, well-written, this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAKE is what I get every single time...and slowly it turns me into someone fake too.
    civilization!

    TALK BABY TALK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Red. It's sad but that's more or less the truth!

      The talking has officially begun ;)

      Delete
  5. I have nominated you for an award. Please check the details here - http://momentsilike.blogspot.in/2014/06/my-second-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, keep writing, you have interesting things to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love solitude too and sometimes, only solitude can heal wounds.
    Nice poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed reading you. You write amazingly well.

    Keep writing love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear girl, you are the sweetest :)

      Delete
  9. Yes! I keep saying that too - there is no sincerity anymore. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Make me a happy bunny, would ya? :D